This site does not use profiling cookies, neither its own nor those of other sites. Technical cookies are used to allow easier use of some features of the site and Google Analytics (or Shyinistat or other web traffic analyzers) to improve the functionality of this site.
Terms, Conditions and Limitations on the Flight
Definitions used below:
Voucher: ticket that entitles you to a balloon flight
Passenger: person who purchases avoucher and/or participates in the flight and accepts the Terms andConditions.
Company: FLY IN srl
- When you purchase a Voucher, you accept the following “Terms and Conditions” which are also shown on our website in-balloon.it.
- Vouchers can be purchased on-line by booking though our website (in-balloon.it) or by calling + 39 348 5012375 and requesting our Booking Form. Complete the PDF files and send them to us at Info@in-balloon.it. In either case, the “Terms and Conditions” apply.
- Flight reservations can only be made through the on-line booking service available on the in-balloon.it website or by calling +39 348 5012375. The date and time of the booked flight will be confirmed by us by an e-mail within 48 hours of take-off, depending on availability and weather conditions.
- You have the right to cancel your reservation(cancel your flight) within 10 days of the purchase of the Voucher if the flight has not yet been booked. Ten percent (10%) of the cost of the Voucher will be retained as reimbursement of our expenses.Cancellation messages (cancellation of the flight) left by text message, email or fax are not considered valid. The cancellation of a flight must be made exclusively by calling +39 348 5012375
- By purchasing a Voucher for a Classic Flight, you are entitled to a group flight on board one of our balloons in the company of other passengers. The take-off will be scheduled from Barolo (CN), or any other place indicated at the time of Booking and/or as determined by the Pilot at the time of flight for security reasons.
- By purchasing a Voucher for an Exclusive Flight you are entitled to a private flight on board one of our exclusive hot air balloons. The take-off will be scheduled from Barolo (CN), or any other place indicated at the time of Booking and/or decided by the Pilot at the time of flight for security reasons.
- The Voucher is personal and non-refundable, except as provided in point 4 above. Any change to the name on the Voucher and/or transfer of the Voucher to another person, must be communicated to FLY IN srl at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 30 days before its expiration for it to be accepted. Before the flight, the new beneficiary will have to accept in writing the “Terms and Conditions”.
Obligations of the Companytoward the Passenger:
- The Voucher entitles you to participate in the experience of a hot air balloon flight on a date and time to be agreed, within 12 months of purchase and, if unless otherwise specified, includes:
- the hot-air balloon flight;
- the transportation by one of our vehicles from the meeting place to the take-off point and then from the landing place back to the meeting place; and
- aeronautical insurance provided for under current regulations.
- Our flights are scheduled to last approximately 45 to 60 minutes, but the pilot, for safety reasons, has the absolute responsibility and the right to determine the duration, the conduct of the flight, and the time and place of landing. We could, therefore, never guarantee the exact duration of the flight or the route that the flight will follow since it is not possible to be predetermined.It is at the discretion of the aeronautical authorities and the pilot commander to interrupt or cancel the flight for weather and/or safety reasons. After 15 minutes from take-off, the flight will be considered to be in effect and will not be refunded.All authorizations, planning and execution of the flights with qualified personnel, as well as the use of certified aircraft, are the exclusive right and responsibility of FLY IN srl.
- A hot air balloon flight is completely dependent on weather conditions. It is, therefore, possible that the flight could be canceled at any time, even a few moments before take-off, if the conditions do not ensure the minimum safety requirements. If a flight is canceled due to weather or for any other reason beyond our control, a new date will be proposed for the flight.
Vouchers will not be refunded nor will any transportation, boarding, lodging or other costs incurred by the passenger(s) be reimbursed.
- For group flights (Classic Flight), the minimum number of passengers varies from 4 to 8, depending on the type of balloon used. In case the minimum number of passengers is not reached, the flight will be cancelled and a new date will be proposed for the flight. Vouchers will not be refunded nor will any transportation, boarding, lodging or other costs incurred by the passenger(s) be reimbursed.
- If flights are suspended due to circumstances beyond our control (force majeure), the validity of the Voucher will be extended for a period equivalent to the period of the suspension. We are not responsible for any economic loss or any damage caused by this possible suspension.
- We reserve the right to entrust the execution of our flights to other operators who are holders of a regular ENAC license and who have a collaboration agreement with us. In such cases, these Terms and Conditions will also apply.
- FLY IN srl maintains insurance coverage for air carriers pursuant to Regulation (EC) No. 785/2004 and Regulation (EU) No. 285/2010 for each passenger in the event of death and/or personal injury. In all cases the compensation is not payable or is payable to a lesser extent if it is shown that the injured passenger is responsible for the damage or has contributed to it by his or her negligence, tort or omission. The right to compensation for damages is prescribed within two years of the date of the flight.
- The Company assumes no responsibility for any damage to cameras, videorecorders, mobile, phones or any other item that the passenger brings on the flight. Likewise, the Companyassumes noresponsibility for any damage to cars or other vehicles, or objects within them, that may take place during the period during which they remain parked at the meeting point.
Obligations of the Passenger toward the Company
- The passenger will receive a confirmation email 48 hours prior to the flight. If the passenger hasnot received such confirmation, the passenger is obliged to contact the Company by telephone at +39 348 5012375 within 24 hours before the flight to confirm the reservation.
- The passenger can change the booking according to the following procedures and at the following costs:
a. Up to 5 days before the flight: the flight is rescheduled to another date – no penalty is incurred for the modification;
b. From 5 days to 36 hours before the flight: the flight is rescheduled to another date – a change/cancellation fee of 50% of the cost of the voucher is required. If the passenger had made the reservation only, the entire deposit will be retained.
c. 24 hours before the flight: a penalty equal to 100% of the cost of the voucher is required. If the passenger has made the reservation only, the entire deposit will be retained.
- Flight change messages left by text message, email or fax are not considered valid. The modification of a flight must be made exclusively by calling +39 3485012375. On the date and time established for the flight, in the case of an unjustified and/or non-communicated absence or in the case of a delayedarrival of the passenger of more than 30 minutes with respect to the agreed time, the user loses any right to use the voucher. There will be no refund.
General Rules for Flight
- Balloon flight can be as risky as any other sport, hobby or activity. By purchasing a voucher or participating in a flight, the passenger is aware of the risks and accepts them. The flight, on any occasion, will be under the control and supervision of a certified pilot who is committed to making the flight safe and enjoyable.
- The pilot is not qualified to judge the state of health of the passenger and if the passenger is able to fly or not. However, for your own safety and that of others, the passenger must ensure that he/sheis in the physical condition to be able to participate in the flight. You cannot fly if you have a handicap, impairment, illness or other syndrome that preventsyou from flying in a balloon and in particular:a. You are not permitted to fly to if youhave a cardiovascular disease, have a pacemaker, or have a heart disease.b. You are not permitted to fly if you have problems of bone deficit or osteoporosis.c. You are not permitted to fly if you have serious back or limb problems that prevent the normal ambulation necessary to enter and exit the balloon basket, an operation that is done by passing through a 120 cm parapet with one or two steps, and/or assuming the landing position as in the attached illustrations.
d. You are not permitted to fly if you are pregnant.
e. You are not permitted to fly if you have a serious problem with your auditory system. If in doubt, please consult your doctor beforehand to confirm your suitability to fly in a balloon.
f. You are not permitted to fly if your height is less than 120 cm.
g. You are not permitted to fly if you have performed underwater activities in the 24 hours prior to the flight.
h. You are not permitted to fly if you are under the effects of alcohol and/or drugs.
i. You are not permitted to bring on board animals, dangerous goods, flammable substances, ammunition, explosives, knives or similarweapons and/or firearms. Electrical, electronic and/or photographic equipment may not be brought on board without the prior authorization from the pilot in command, and in any event, it will be brought on at your own risk. In no event shall refunds for damage or loss of any such equipment be recognized. Any goods brought on board will be the exclusive control of the owner.
j. The pilot has a duty, as provided for in the Navigation Code, to exclude from the flight anyone who could pose a risk to flight safety or if the crew and/or passengers are subjected to verbal or physical violence by other passengers and/or by accompanying persons, and/or by the presence of attitudes that could compromise the regular conduct of the activity. Anyone who is excluded from the flight for these reasons will not be reimbursed.
k. An adolescent under 16 years old can fly only if accompanied by an adult. From 16 to 18 years old the adolescent must present an authorization signed by a parent.
l. Passengers who exceed a weight of 95 kg are required to communicate this information when booking or purchasing vouchers. The maximum weight limit to be able to participate in the flight is 130 kg.
m. Passengers must wear appropriate clothing and footwear for the season, taking into consideration a difference in temperature of about 3-4 degrees as a result of altitude as well as the possibility of landing in wet or damp fields. It is forbidden to wear shoes with high heels.
n. Smoking is prohibited in the take-off and landing areas and on board the hot-air balloon.
o. Pursuant to Legislative Decree no. 196/2003 (the code regarding the protection of personal data) we are allowed to use your personal data for internal administration and accounting. You consent to the use and publication of any images that could reveal your identity on the web, in newspaper or magazine articles or in events organized by us for the exclusive promotion of our activities.
p. FLY IN srl reserves the right to refuse the sale of a voucher at any time. In exceptional cases, we also reserve the right to cancel an existing voucher (with or without a refund) if the crew or passengers are subject to verbal or physical violence or abuse or if the regular performance of the activity is likely to be disturbed by your behavior or by that of your companions.
q. FLY IN srl reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice to the public.
r. The jurisdiction for any dispute is Cuneo.